Beginning Knitting, Crochet, Weaving, Spinning and Needle Felting lessons are available by appointment during our business hours and cost $20. Please Call or Email us for scheduling and additional details. We enjoy all the fiber arts and want you to enjoy them as well so classes are designed for people of all skill levels unless specified otherwise.
Regularly Scheduled Classes and Events:
- Project Class – $10
- Tuesdays from 6:30-8:30pm. Get help with your project. Please call to reserve a spot.
Knitter’s Roundtable – $10 *no Roundtable September 11*
- Wednesdays from 10:30am to 2:30pm. Bring whatever project you are working on and get help and moral support.
- Knit Night – Free *Knit Night on September 5 will be at the Lazy Hiker!!*
- Thursdays from 4-6pm. Social knitting/crochet/weaving/spinning time!
- Knitter’s Roundtable – $10 *no Rountable September 13*
- Fridays from 10:30am to 2:30pm. Bring whatever project you are working on and get help and moral support.
- Cocoknits Sweater Workshop – Free
- Tuesday, September 3 at 10:30am. Final class in a 4 week workshop featuring helpful video lessons by Julie Weisenberger. Learn the Cocoknits sweater technique and customize a top-down sweater to fit you perfectly! You must have a copy of the CocoKnits Sweater Workshop book and journal to participate.
Needle Felted Gnomes – $20
- Saturday, September 7 at 11am. Learn how to needle felt while makinggnomes! Includes materials and instruction.
- Fixing Common Knitting Mistakes – $15
- Monday, September 9 from 10:30am to 11:30am. In this class we’ll cover 5 common knitting mistakes and what to do when you find them! Includes instruction and materials
- Magical Thinking Knit-a-Long – Free
- Monday, September 9, 16, 23, 30, and October 7 at from 3pm to 4pm. Join us for tea, goodies, and lots of knitting fun with this KAL featuring a pattern by Casapinka! Requires Magical Thinking pattern by Casapinka. Don’t have your yarn yet? Stop by the shop before September 9 and check out our kits!
Rigid Heddle Weaving Workshop – $125
- September 19 and 21 from 10:30am to 4:00pm. This two day workshop is a great intro into everything you need to know about weaving on a rigid heddle loom! Includes instruction, materials, and credit toward optional loom purchase. Please note, there is a required $50 deposit for this class.
- Kep Knit-a-long – $10 per class + materials
- Monday, September 23, 30, and October 7, 14, and 21 from 10:30am to 12:30pm. This will be a workshop that includes a class on color theory, fair isle designing, writing a pattern, and a knit-a-long. Carol Martin will lead you through all the steps to get you on your way to creating your own color ideas. No homework, but access to a color wheel during the first class is useful.
- No Fear Rigid Heddle – Get back to weaving! – $25
- Tuesday, September 24 from 1pm-3pm. Overcome any weaving fears and uncertainties and get your confidence back! This class is a demonstration only – no need to bring your loom or any supplies.
Beginning Socks on Magic Loop – $45
- Tuesday, October 1 at 10:30am. Includes yarn, pattern, and instruction
- Project Class – $10
Please call or stop by the shop to sign up for classes and check on availability. Our weaving workshops usually fill up as soon as they are announced – if you and a friend want to take a workshop, please call/email us and we will be happy to set something up to suit your schedule!