Beginning Knitting, Crochet, Weaving, Spinning and Needle Felting lessons are available by appointment during our business hours and cost $20. Please Call or Email us for scheduling and additional details. We enjoy all the fiber arts and want you to enjoy them as well so classes are designed for people of all skill levels unless specified otherwise.
Finish-It Clinic – Free
Mondays from 3-4pm. Join us for help and encouragement as you finish your WIPs
- Project Class – $10
- Tuesdays from 6:30-8:30pm. Get help with your project. Please call to reserve a spot.
Knitter’s Roundtable – $10
- Wednesdays from 10:30am to 2:30pm. Bring whatever project you are working on and get help and moral support.
- Knit Night – Free
- Thursdays from 4-6pm. Social knitting/crochet/weaving/spinning time!
- Knitter’s Roundtable – $10 *no class on May 10*
- Fridays from 10:30am to 2:30pm. Bring whatever project you are working on and get help and moral support.
- Beginning Socks on Magic Loop – $45
- Tuesday, May 7 at 10:30am. Includes yarn, pattern, and instruction
- Fixing Common Knitting Mistakes – $15
Monday, May 13 from 1pm to 2pm. In this class we’ll cover 5 common knitting mistakes and what to do when you find them! Includes instruction and materials
- Needle Felted Gnomes – $20
- Tuesday, May 14 at 1pm. Learn how to needle felt while making cute garden gnomes! Includes materials and instruction.
Carolina Cascade Shawl – $15 + materials
- Thursday, May 16 at 10:30am. Learn to knit lace and read from a chart while making Carol Martin’s Carolina Cascade shawl! We’ll also be focusing on adjusting technique when knitting with a slippery yarn. Includes pattern and instruction.
- Beyond Basic Spinning with Ro Borr – $65
- Tuesday, May 21 from 11am to 3pm. Many spinners are uncertain about their yarn. Do you feel yours is too fragile to knit with? Too weak to weave with? Too plain to do anything with? Do you have bobbins of spun yarn waiting for inspiration? Come to this workshop to learn what happens next! We’ll start by covering different plying techniques and then explore some simple art yarn possibilities! Bring your wheel in good working condition, at least one empty bobbin, any yarn still on bobbins you’d like to play with, and be ready to have fun (optional – you may also want to bring lunch).
- Jelly Roll Vacation Socks – $25
- Thursday, May 30 at 10:30am. Learn the basics of sock construction and some more advanced techniques while making fun Jelly Roll socks! Includes yarn, pattern, and instruction.
Beginning Socks on Magic Loop – $45
- Tuesday, June 4 at 10:30am. Includes yarn, pattern, and instruction
Needle Felting – $20
- Tuesday, June 4 at 1pm. Learn how to needle felt – the sky is the limit! Includes materials and instruction.
Rigid Heddle Weaving Workshop – $125
- June 20 and 22 from 10:30am to 4:30pm. This two day workshop is a great intro into everything you need to know about weaving on a rigid heddle loom! Includes instruction, materials, and credit toward optional loom purchase
Please call or stop by the shop to sign up for classes and check on availability. Our weaving workshops usually fill up as soon as they are announced – if you and a friend want to take a workshop, please call/email us and we will be happy to set something up to suit your schedule!