To stay up to date on our schedule, like our facebook page!
Regularly Scheduled Classes and Events:
- Sit and Spin Group - Free
- 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month from 10:30am-12:30pm. A social group sharing tips and tricks, and connecting over a shared love of spinning! We have shop wheels available to use, but we recommend bringing your own wheel/spindle if you have one to make sure there is enough to go around.
- Knitter's Roundtable - $10
- Wednesdays from 10:30am-12:30pm. Bring whatever project you are working on and get help and moral support. Call us at 828-349-0515 to reserve your spot!
- Knit Night - Free
- Thursdays from 4-7pm. Social knitting/crochet/weaving/spinning time!
- Knitting Clinic - $10 per 30 minutes
- Fridays from 12pm-2pm. Carol Martin, one of our resident Master Knitters, will be here to answer project questions and teach new techniques! She's available by appointment in 30 minute blocks - give us a call at 828-349-0515 to schedule a time to come in!
- Professional Knitter Certification Informational Meeting - Free
- Monday, July 19 at 3pm. The Professional Knitter Certification is offered through TKGA (The Knitting Guild Association), and we'll be having an informational meeting to go over what is involved and help answer any questions about tackling this course. If you've been knitting for years and are looking for a challenge, or to fill in any gaps in your knowledge, come join us to see if the Professional Knitter Certification or the Master Hand Knitting Program are a good fit for you! You can also find more information about this course on TKGA's website.
- Intro to Knit Companion - $10
- Wednesday, July 21 from 10am-12pm. Ready to move from paper patterns and use them digitally on your ipad or similar device? Knit Companion is a fabulous tool that will allow you to do just that! Join us for this intro class that will cover everything you need to know to get started! Please bring your tablet and charger with you to class. Cost of class is $10, and needs to be paid up front to hold your spot. **Please note - this class is meeting at the Macon County Public Library**
- Jeweled Cowl - $60
- Friday, July 23 at 3pm. Learn to add beads to your knitting with this stunning cowl project! Includes pattern, yarn, beader, and instruction - beads will need to be purchased separately. Participants should bring 24” US 7 or 8 needle to class. Advanced beginner level.
- First Sweater Workshop - $100
- Thursdays, July 22 and 29, and August 5 and 12 from 10:30am-12pm. Join us for 1 1/2 hours each week to make the Love Note sweater, with or without a lace pattern detail. $100 covers instruction (including sizing consultation and pattern adjustment) and written pattern. Please purchase yarn at Silver Threads. If you can knit and purl, but are hesitant to make the jump to a sweater, this is a perfect class for you! Beginner. Max 4 students.
- Christmas in July - Free
- Saturday, July 31 from 2pm-4pm. Join us for an afternoon full of gift ideas, technique demonstrations, and some holly-jolly cheer! There will be kits for every level of gift making available, from knitting to felting to even a thing or two that you might want to keep for yourself! No reservations are required - stop in anytime during the two hour period to kick off the best time of the year!
Please call us at 828-349-0515 or stop by the shop to sign up for classes and check on availability. Our workshops can fill up as soon as they are announced - if you and a friend want to take a workshop, please call/email us and we will be happy to set something up to suit your schedule!