To stay up to date on our schedule, like our facebook page!
Regularly Scheduled Classes and Events:
- Sit and Spin Group - Free
- 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month from 10:30am-12:30pm. A social group sharing tips and tricks, and connecting over a shared love of spinning! We have shop wheels available to use, but we recommend bringing your own wheel/spindle if you have one to make sure there is enough to go around.
- Knitter's Roundtable - $10
- Wednesdays from 10:30am-12:30pm. Bring whatever project you are working on and get help and moral support. Call us at 828-349-0515 to reserve your spot!
- Knit Night
- CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- Knitting Clinic - $10 per 30 minutes
- Fridays from 12pm-2pm. Carol Martin, one of our resident Master Knitters, will be here to answer project questions and teach new techniques! She's available by appointment in 30 minute blocks - give us a call at 828-349-0515 to schedule a time to come in!
- Next Steps in Knit Companion - $10
- Monday, October 4 from 9am-12pm. Have you mastered the basics of Knit Companion, and are you ready to learn even more? Join Mary for another deep dive into this powerful app! Please bring your own tablet/ipad and charger. This class will be meeting at the library.
- Shadow Knitting with Charles Gandy - $25
Tuesday, October 12 at 2pm. Shadow Knitting, sometimes called Illusion Knitting, is a fascinating technique using two contrasting colors of yarn and only KNITS and PURLS to create “ridges” with a hidden image revealed when viewed from the side of the work. Browse Ravelry for fun project ideas, and join Charles to learn how to easily execute this technique! You will need 50 yards each of two contrasting colors, and there is simple homework that will need to be completed prior to the class.
Fair Isle Cowl with Carol Martin - $25
Monday, October 18 from 2pm-4pm. If you've ever wanted to tackle stranded colorwork and have been too intimidated to try on your own, this class is for you! With an easy, basic project to start with and some of the best teaching experience around, Carol Martin will get you started with everything you need for success in this two hour class. Includes instruction, paid to the teacher. There is homework that will need to be completed prior to the class.
Beginning Socks with Carol Martin - $45
Tuesday, October 26 from 10:30am-3pm. Learn everything you need to know to successfully knit socks during this one day class! Carol will walk you through getting started on magic loop, navigating heel construction, and effortlessly closing the toe. Includes pattern, instruction, and use of provided materials.
Classes can fill up fast! Call us at 828-349-0515 or stop by the shop to sign up for classes and check on availability.
We teach first time knitting and crochet lessons by appointment! If you'd like to schedule a class, or if there is something you're interested in that isn't on our schedule, give us a call and we'll be happy to set something up for you!