To stay up to date on our schedule, like our facebook page!
Regularly Scheduled Classes and Events:
- Sit and Spin Group - Free
- 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month from 10:30am-12:30pm. A social group sharing tips and tricks, and connecting over a shared love of spinning! We have shop wheels available to use, but we recommend bringing your own wheel/spindle if you have one to make sure there is enough to go around.
- Knitter's Roundtable - $10
- Wednesdays from 10:30am-12:30pm. Bring whatever project you are working on and get help and moral support. Call us at 828-349-0515 to reserve your spot!
- Knit Night
- Thursdays from 4pm-6:30pm. Open social knitting/crocheting time. Grab your favorite project, a snack to share, and come join us!
- Knitting Clinic - $10 per 30 minutes
- Fridays from 12pm-2pm. Carol Martin, one of our resident Master Knitters, will be here to answer project questions and teach new techniques! She's available by appointment in 30 minute blocks - give us a call at 828-349-0515 to schedule a time to come in!
- Emper Hat - $10 per class
- Wednesdays, November 10, 17 and December 1 from 2pm-3pm. Learn to make a hat in 3 simple and easy classes! Class 1 will cover knitting in the round, class 2 will cover cabling in the round and following a chart, and class 3 will cover shaping the top of the hat and decreasing. Don't need to come to every class? You can pick and choose - give us a call at 828-349-0515 to sign up for the weeks you are interested in! Each class is $10 and includes pattern and instruction.
- Gnomevember - $7.50
Fridays, November 12 and 19 at 3pm. Come Gnome-Along with us!! During the month of November, we'll "Never Not Be Gnoming" thanks to Imagined Landscapes and her delightful patterns! We'll be tackling a new gnome pattern each week. Cost is $7.50 per week and includes the pattern!
Bracken Mitts with Carol Martin - $25
Thursday, November 18 from 10:30am-12:30pm. Fair Isle fingerless mitts are perfect for fall wearing and gifting, and are a great way to learn colorwork! Join Carol to learn two-color colorwork in the round and following a colorwork chart. $25 includes instruction. Fingering weight mini-skeins or scraps are required, as well as a $3.50 pattern. There is homework for this class.
Fixing Mistakes - $25
Thursday, November 18 from 2pm-4pm. Learn to fix 5 common knitting mistakes in this 1 hour class. Beginners welcome; must be able to knit and purl and recognize the difference between knit and purl stitches. Includes instruction and use of instructor provided materials.
Cally Monster Meet and Greet and Emma's Yarn Trunk Show
Saturday, November 20. Join us for a meet and greet from 1pm-3pm with knitwear designer Cally Monster of MonsterKnits, when she'll be kicking off her Spiced Knit-a-Long and revealing a brand new, never before seen pattern she wrote for our shop. Emma's Yarn is also planning the trunk show of all trunk shows, and is sending us boxes FULL of colors, bases, and kits that will be different from what we normally stock, and a bonus surprise that we can't reveal until that day!
Classes can fill up fast! Call us at 828-349-0515 or stop by the shop to sign up for classes and check on availability.
We teach first time knitting and crochet lessons by appointment! If you'd like to schedule a class, or if there is something you're interested in that isn't on our schedule, give us a call and we'll be happy to set something up for you!